Thursday, April 28, 2011

BitterSweet Moment in Life!!

It is with great sadness that I announce that my mom passed away.  She passed away on April 6, 2011.  We are sad to see her go and will miss her greatly however, we know she is in a much better place with my dad and no longer suffering.  It was hard to see her clinging to life her last 7days.  Everyday Hospice would come and say she is most likely going today and everyday she would cling to life.  Finally on April 6, 2011 the Hospice nurse said, "there must be a reason she is hanging on.  Call your siblings and put them on speakerphone and have them say their goodbyes and tell her they will be ok". So I did with much sadness.  She passed away later that day around 9:30pm.  We also found out later after reading her journals that April 6th was a very special day to my mom.  That day is when she got her first Temple Recommend.  I am so grateful I was able to take care of her in her last days and to be there in her room when she took her last breath, no matter how hard it was.  I owe my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ to my mother and am grateful for example of service she has been to me her whole life.  Thank you mom, I love you!!!!!

No comments: